Sturtevant maintains a Customer Test Center where our customers may have their material processed through pilot scale equipment. For a nominal charge, our experienced technicians will produce confidential results, which can be used to confirm equipment selection and sizing. We welcome and encourage our customers to be present to observe the processing. Sturtevant testing is done on a scheduled basis.
To arrange for a mutually convenient time, please contact our Sales Department at 1-800-992-0209. Prior to scheduling a test, the following information is needed:
- Completed MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)
- Sturtevant Information Request Form
- Approval from Sturtevant’s Safety Committee with a MATERIAL AUTHORIZATION NUMBER to ensure safe handling and processing of your material
- Purchase order to cover the estimated cost of the test
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY MATERIAL PRIOR TO ACCEPTANCE
We unfortunately cannot safely handle all materials and may be forced to return certain unsuitable materials. Prior approval could save you unnecessary freight expenses. After approval by our Safety Committee, your materials may be sent, freight prepaid, to our Customer Testing Center:
Sturtevant Processing Division
CUSTOMER TEST CENTER
348 Circuit Street Hanover, MA 02339
Material Authorization Number __________.
Our fees are used to defray the costs of processing the material and cleanup and turnaround time associated with each test.
- Standard Daily Charge (test, cleanup and report completion) $800.00
- Overtime (if required) (beyond 8 hours per day) $200.00/hr.
If special equipment or expendable items such as dust collector bags are required, their costs are added to the above price. Should the material be excessively abrasive, the cost of replacement parts will be added to the above price.
- We are unable to accept collect shipments at our Customer Test Center. Materials sent collect are subject to being returned at your expense.
- Sturtevant Safety Committee requires a Material Safety Data Sheet or equivalent and must be advised of any hazards involved in the handling and processing of customer’s materials.
- We will return all the material we have received from you, including wastes, which will be packed separately.
- For the safety of our personnel, Sturtevant Material Authorization Number must appear on outside of all shipments, or shipment will be refused.
- Waiver of fees or credit against equipment purchase may apply and is evaluated on a case by case basis.